TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
Other Applicable Terms
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and Conditions of Supply will apply to the sales.
Information About Us
We operate the website www.furnishthatroom.co.uk. We are Furnish That Room Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 05108249 and with our registered office at Unit 8, Phoenix Park, Goodlass Road, Hunts Cross, Liverpool, Merseyside L24 9HL. Our VAT number is 854634996.
To contact us, please see our Contact Us page.
Changes to These Terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to Our Site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our Site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your Account and Password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No Reliance on Information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of Our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Supply.
Uploading Content to Our Site
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Party Links and Resources in Our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Furnish That Room has created this Privacy Notice to demonstrate our strong commitment to protecting the privacy of our customers and suppliers. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, they can be directed to email@example.com or in writing to the address supplied at the bottom of this page.
Part One: Our Privacy Promise
All visitors to www.furnishthatroom.co.uk are promised that:
- Furnish That Room will always respect your right to privacy. However, we understand that the internet is not a secure medium and therefore we have implemented security measures to, where possible, protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information placed under our control.
- All data gathered as a result of your website visit or visit to our stores will be treated as confidential.
- All orders placed online will be confirmed by email if you have provided an email address.
Part Two: How we use your data
- To place an order, enter a promotion or take part in an online survey, you will be required to supply contact and personal information.
- For our ‘customers’, we use your personal data for certain legitimate business purposes, for example we may ask for your name, address, phone number and email, to tell you about new products and services and to send you marketing communication and offers to use in stores or on our website. We may also send you surveys to help us improve how we service you.
- We will consider you as a ‘customer’ for 2 years since the date of your last order. If you do not order within 13 months you will automatically be opted out of receiving our direct marketing.
- If you order again from us after 2 years and have not opted out, we have a legitimate interest to re-commence sending you marketing communications about our products and services.
- You can opt out of these messages at any time by going to your online account or by contacting our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may use personal and profile data to tailor your experience on our interactive services.
- We may use your IP address or other identifying information to help diagnose problems with our server, to monitor numbers of users and/or to administer our interactive services as well as to identify and eliminate fraud.
- Accordingly, Furnish That Room would encourage you to be cautious about the information you choose to release and to safeguard passwords.
- For people who have registered on our website but haven’t yet bought any of our products and services, we will ask for your consent to process your data before we send you marketing offers.
- We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
- We will request that users who wish to submit personal information are aged 16 years or older or that minors obtain permission from their parents or legal guardians before submitting such information.
- Whenever we process your personal data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and if you wish to do so please contact us at email@example.com . Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
Part Three: How long will you keep my data?
- We’ll normally hold onto your data if you’re a customer, for as long as is necessary to give you the services you’re using in accordance with our retention policy.
- If you don’t use our services or your Furnish That Room account for over 24 months then your account may be classified as dormant and will be deleted in line with our privacy notice and retention policy.
Part Four: Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
To get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to:
Furnish That Room
Unit 8 Phoenix Park, Goodlass Road, Hunts Cross, Liverpool, L24 9HL
Tel: 0845 600 8838
You may be asked for ID to confirm your identity.
Part Five: Cookies Policy
Currently cookies are used on www.furnishthatroom.co.uk to identify you for usability purposes. They help us to distinguish you from other users of our website. They are used specifically for identifying if you have used the site before, welcoming you as a returning user and offering to show you your last order with Furnish That Room.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: needed for the operation of our website. They include for example cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. , use a shopping cart or make use of our e-billing service.
Analytical/performance cookies: allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve our website and your experience, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for more easily.
Functionality cookies: used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences, for example your choice of language or region.
Targeting cookies: used to record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
This site includes instructions on how to accept or reject cookies and also how to remove them should you wish to do so.
Part Six: Disclaimer
If Furnish That Room provides links to other services, Furnish That Room is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these services. Furnish That Room reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this Privacy notice at any time and you are therefore encouraged to review it from time to time.
Part Seven: Trademarks and Copyright
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, button icons, images and software, is the property of Furnish That Room and is protected by UK and European copyright laws. The content and software on this site may be used as either or both of an informational or shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this site is strictly prohibited. Other Furnish That Room graphics, logos and trade names are trademarks of Furnish That Room. Furnish That Room trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not affiliated with Furnish That Room in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Furnish That Room.
Part Eight: Terms and Conditions
This Privacy Notice forms part of our Terms and Conditions.
Part Nine: Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Supervisory Authority and Furnish That Room’s Data Controller.
The details for the latter are:
Data Controller email@example.com
Unit 8, Phoenix Park, Goodlass Road, Hunts Cross, Liverpool, L24 9HL
Tel: 0845 600 8838
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
This page (together with the documents expressly referred to on it) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which we sell any of the products (Products) listed on our website (our site) to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
- Information About Us
- We operate the website www.furnishthatroom.co.uk. We are Furnish That Room Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 05108249 and with our registered office at Unit 8, Phoenix Park, Goodlass Road, Hunts Cross, Liverpool, Merseyside L24 9HL. Our VAT number is 854634996.
- To contact us, please see our Contact Us page.
- Our Products
- The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site have a 2% tolerance.
- The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- Use of Our Site
- How We Use Your Personal Informatio
- If You Are a Consumer
This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
- If You Are a Business Customer
This clause 6 only applies if you are a business.
- If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- How the Contract Is Formed Between You and Us
- If you would like to order a Product listed on our site, please contact us with details of the Product you would like to order from us (Order). You may submit an Order by telephone, post, e-mail or by using the electronic enquiry forms located on our site.
- We will endeavour to respond to your Order promptly to confirm receipt of the same. Confirmation of receipt of an Order does not mean that your Order has been accepted.
- All Products shown on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available and we will not process your Order if made.
- If the Products are available, we will contact you to confirm details of your Order, including the price, delivery date, delivery location and whether any Installation Services will be provide. We will then issue a confirmation of the details of your Order (Order Confirmation). Issuing of the Order Confirmation does not mean that your Order has been accepted.
- Payment for the Products must be made in full prior to delivery.
- Following provision of the Order Confirmation, we will contact you to arrange for payment of the Products. You can pay for the Products using a debit card or credit card, by bank transfer or by cheque. Payments by credit card will be subject to a 2% additional administrative charge.
- We will confirm our acceptance of your Order by confirming receipt of payment (Payment Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we issue the Payment Confirmation.
- Our Right to Vary These Terms
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- changes in how we accept payment from you; or
- changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this clause 8, we will keep you informed and give you notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
- Your Consumer Right of Return and Refund
This clause 9 only applies if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000) during the period set out below in clause 3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract under these regulations is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- any made-to-measure or custom-made products; or
- products made to your specification or clearly personalised.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Payment Confirmation, which is when the Contract between us is formed. If the Products have already been delivered to you, you have a period of 7 (seven) working days in which you may cancel, starting from the day after the day you receive the Products. Working days means that Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays are not included in this period.
- To cancel a Contract, please contact our Customer Installation Services telephone line or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail, then your cancellation is effective from the date you sent us the e-mail to us. If you call us to notify us of your cancellation by telephone, then your cancellation is effective from the date you telephone us.
- You will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Products less any applicable delivery charges which have been incurred by us. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation as described in clause 4. If you returned the Products to us because they were faulty or mis-described, please see clause 9.6.
- If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 9 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- If the Products were delivered to you:
- you must return the Products to us as soon as reasonably practicable. If the Products require collection, we will collect the Products from the address to which they were delivered. We will contact you to arrange a suitable time for collection;
- unless the Products are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us or, where relevant, the cost of us collecting the Products from you; and
- you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.
- As a consumer, you will always have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy in this clause 9 or these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Subject to clause 11 (if applicable), your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery date set out in the Order Confirmation, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date.
- Subject to clause 11 (if applicable), delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us.
- If you are a consumer and no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note that the Products have been returned to our premises, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery.
- The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
- You own the Products once we have received all payments due in full.
- Delivery – Additional Terms
This clause 11 only applies if you are a business customer.
- Any dates quoted for delivery of the Products are approximate only, and the time of delivery is not of the essence. We shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Products that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control or by your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Products.
- If we fail to deliver the Products then, subject to clause 17, our liability shall be limited to the costs and expenses incurred by you in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Products. We shall have no liability for any failure to deliver the Products to the extent that such failure is caused by an Event Outside Our Control or by your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions for the Products or any relevant instruction related to the supply of the Products.
- If you fail to accept or take delivery of the Products within 4 Business Days of us attempting delivery of the Products, then except where such failure or delay is caused by a Event Outside Our Control or by our failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms in respect of the Products:
- delivery of the Products shall be deemed to have been completed at 9.00 am on the fifth Business Day following the day on which we notified you that the Products were ready; and
- we shall store the Products until delivery takes place, and charge you for all related costs and expenses (including, where relevant, insurance); and
- we may resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Products and, after deducting reasonable storage and selling costs, account to you for any excess over the price of the Products or charge you for any shortfall below the price of the Products.
- No International Delivery
- Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK.
- You may place an order for Products from outside the UK, but this order must be for delivery to an address in the UK.
- Installation Services
- Where we have agreed in the Order Confirmation, to install the Products (Installation Services), we will supply the Installation Services to you on the date(s) set out in the Order Confirmation.
- We will make every effort to complete the Installation Services on time. However, there may be delays due to an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 19 for our responsibilities when an Event Outside Our Control happens.
- We will need certain information from you that is necessary for us to provide the Installation Services. We will contact you about this. If you do not, after being asked by us, provide us with this information, or you provide us with incomplete or incorrect information, we may make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to cover any extra work that is required, or we may (at our option) suspend or cancel the Installation Services. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance where you have not provided this information to us after we have asked.
- If you are a consumer; you have legal rights in relation to Installation Services not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
- You agree that you will:
- co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Installation Services;
- provide us, our employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors, with access to your premises, office accommodation and other facilities as reasonably required by us to provide the Installation Services;
- provide us with such information and materials as we may reasonably require to supply the Installation Services, and ensure that such information is accurate in all material respects;
- prepare your premises for the supply of the Installation Services; and
- obtain and maintain all necessary licences, permissions and consents which may be required for the Installation Services in advance.
- If the performance of any of our obligations in respect of the Installation Services is prevented or delayed by any act or omission by you or by your failure to perform any relevant obligation (Customer Default):
- we shall, without limiting our other rights or remedies, have the right to suspend performance of the Installation Services until you remedy the Customer Default, and we may rely on the Customer Default to relieve us from the performance of any of our obligations to the extent the Customer Default prevents or delays the performance of any of our obligations;
- we shall not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by you arising directly or indirectly from your failure or delay to perform any of your obligations as set out in clause 5; and
- you shall reimburse us on demand for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by us arising directly or indirectly from the Customer Default.
- Price of Products and Delivery Charges
- The prices of the Products quoted on our site from time to time are illustrative examples only and will vary depending on the location(s) to which they are to be delivered.
- The price of a Product will be set out in the Order Confirmation. The price of a Product includes delivery charges and, where this has been agreed, the provision of Installation Services.
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order for which we have issued a Payment Confirmation.
- The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- Manufacturer Guarantees
- Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Products.
- If you are a consumer, a manufacturer’s guarantee is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Our Warranty for the Products
- For Products which do not have a manufacturer’s guarantee, we provide a warranty that on delivery, the Products shall be free from material defects. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described in clause 3.
- If you are a business customer then, subject to clause 3, if:
- you give us notice in writing within a reasonable time following delivery that some or all of the Products do not comply with the warranty set out in clause 1;
- we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining such Products; and
- you (if asked to do so by us) return such Products to our place of business at your cost,
we shall, at our option, repair or replace the defective Products, or refund the price of the defective Products in full.
- The warranty in clause 1 does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
- fair wear and tear;
- wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;
- if you fail to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;
- any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
- any specification provided by you.
- If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Our Liability If You Are a Business
This clause 17 only applies if you are a business customer.
- We only supply the Products and Installation Services for internal use by your business, and you agree not to use the Product for any re-sale purposes.
- Nothing in these Terms limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession); or
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to clause 2, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill; or
- any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clause 2 and clause 17.3, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Products.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products or Installation Services. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products or Installation Services are suitable for your purposes.
- Our Liability If You Are a Consumer
This clause 18 only applies if you are a consumer.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- We only supply the Products and Installation Services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Product or Installation Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession);
- breach of the terms implied by sections 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 2.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products or Installation Services to you, we will arrange a new date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- Communications Between Us
- When we refer, in these Terms, to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
- If you are a consumer:
- To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 9, you must contact us in writing by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. Your cancellation is effective from the date you sent us the e-mail.
- If you wish to contact us in writing for any other reason, you can send this to us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always contact us using our Customer Installation Services telephone line.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- If you are a business, please note that any notice given by you to us, or by us to you, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified email@example.com of the addressee. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- Other Important Terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- If you are a business, these Terms are governed by English law. This means that a Contract, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), will be governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- We will not file a copy of the Contract between us.